In The Three Valleys of the French Alps you will find Les Menuires – a small, charming village that is also part of the largest ski region in the world. The region is a mountainous wonderland of exploration, paly, and adventure with 600 km of slopes. Visitors can take to any of the 33 ski lifts, 86 tracks, and over 50 trails to ski, hike, or bike.
- Charming village with a distinct French atmosphere. It is also very family friendly, having earned the Famille Plus Award from the French Tourism Ministry.
- Family vacations, winter or summer holidays, ski trips
Best Known For:
- Being the largest ski region in the world with 600 km of slopes. Also well known for Speed Mountain - the longest toboggan rail run in the French Alps.
Best time to visit:
- December through April is best if you want to ski, but the resort is open year-round with many things to do off the slopes.
- Ride the gondola and ski multiple blue and red piste down La Masse.
- Attend a concert at Espace Maurice Romanet.
- Relax at the Les Bruyeres spa.
- Shop and eat at La Croisette Quarter.
- Introduce your children to the fun of mountain exploration at the Mountain Kids Club.
- Children will also enjoy zip cord rides and electric cart rentals at the Les Menuires resort.
- For an activity that will suit a very young child, look into the Piou-Piou Club for children 18 months to 5 years.
- With many places to eat in Les Menuires, there are a few that we recommend above the rest.
- La Ferme de Reberty is a very popular restaurant and pub with delicious food, a large drink menu, and a mouth-watering dessert selection.
- La Fromagerie des Belleville has cheese fondue that everyone praises.
- L’etoile is great for traditional French food with a piste-side view of the mountains.